Sunday, June 6, 2010

TEEN BOOK MANIA

My very first event as a published author (Teen Book Mania at my very own Library Center here in Springfield) was a blast! I was joined by three other fantastic authors: Brent Crawford, Brian Katcher, and Jenny B. Jones...

I wanted to share a snippet of our panel discussion...Here, we're all answering the question, "What was the earliest (positive) recognition of your writing?"

I love the way our answers to this question really showcase who we all are: that I picked up writing shortly after birth (and, as an eleven-year-old, was serious enough about it to enter a writing contest for adults), that Jenny Jones has one of the best senses of humor ever, that Brian Katcher didn't get into writing until his twenties (love his open-mindedness and what he says about revision here), and that Brent Crawford's writing is tied into his acting background...

Thanks to Sarah (GreenBeanTeenQueen), and everyone at The Library Center for such an incredible afternoon...

Enjoy the snippet! (I'm the first author to answer the question, followed by Jenny Jones, then Brian Katcher, and Brent Crawford.)

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for being part of the event-we loved having you and I can't wait to do it again!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this was great. Maggie and I were pretty much entranced the entire event. It was so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teen Book Mania Rocked!
    Thanks for posting the video, Holly.
    I was very inspired by my trip to Springfield.
    Best,
    B

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis