Friday, February 3, 2012

JOB SHADOWING + INTERACTING WITH READERS

Now, this is the kind of author-reader interaction I just adore...My neighbor, Alex, is an aspiring author. So when her class began work on a job shadowing program, she came over to talk about what it takes to be a full-time writer. And the discussion was just a delight.

Sure, signings and readings are a ton of fun, but in those scenarios, I don't get much of a chance to really interact with my readers. At a signing, we say hello, I scrawl my name, and the reader waves goodbye. But with an interaction like this, I get a real chance to touch base...I've said it before, but that's a big part of the reason why I really can't get enough of the blogosphere. Through social networking, etc., I get a chance to develop ongoing relationships with readers; for me, those relationships are absolutely priceless.

...The vid's a bit longer than most I've posted, but Alex just asked such great questions, and I had such a great time, I couldn't bear to cut out another second of footage...Check it out, as we discuss how long it takes to actually get started, and what a joy it is to stick with a dream through the hardships, long enough to see the dream start to come to fruition:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis