Monday, September 17, 2012

'TIL SUMMER

It's most definitely the end of summer here in southwest Missouri...as I type this, I'm wearing a flannel shirt over one of last summer's tanks.

I've also been thinking ahead a bit lately, toward possibilities for trailers for both of my forthcoming books (the MG from Dial and the YA from HarperCollins).  Which means that I've been pretty seriously in-tune with what visuals do for a song as I watch CMT.  (The station's been something of a long-time weekend ritual, along with a big breakfast...The older I get, the more I gravitate toward bluegrass; with a semi-professional bluegrass musician in the family, I tend to think of it as a genetic predisposition.)

I was struck this morning by how really perfect the visuals are for this one.  The scenes match the song and are a perfect match for the feeling I've had the past few days, as my own Missouri summer comes to an end.

 Now if I could just somehow channel that when I sit down to put together my next trailer...

1 comment:

  1. I was struck this morning by how really perfect the visuals are for this one. The scenes match the song and are a perfect match for the feeling I've had the past few days, as my own Missouri summer comes to an end.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis