Friday, April 24, 2015

WHY I WRITE: ST. FRANCIS XAVIER SCHOOL

I got the absolute LOVLIEST email yesterday, from a librarian at St. Francis Xavier School. Her incredible fifth grade readers discussed THE JUNCTION OF SUNSHINE AND LUCKY, and made their own "congregation" out of junk, just like Auggie.

As writers, we always say, "If I can touch just one reader in a profound way--if I can inspire just one person--I'll be happy forever." To see readers loving and and interacting with THE JUNCTION, making found-object art just like Auggie...it literally brought a tear to my eye. THIS is why I write:


Sincere thanks to the St. Francis Xavier artists, for sharing your "shine"!

Please do view the full post on their project at the St. Francis Xavier site.

1 comment:

  1. Great Post Holly...it IS why we do what we do...Thanks for sharing the joy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis